Thursday, March 7, 2013

Route #11: Downtown



Downtown.  When I think about living Downtown my first thought is always, "But where would we run?"  This weekend's run will be an attempt to answer that question.

Although at times this project has felt more like a love letter to Cincinnati than a running blog, I know that the run itself should ultimately be the focus.  This is especially important for this next neighborhood.  We could spend days, weeks, months, exploring the nooks and crannies of Cincinnati's Downtown and Central Business District, but as Donnie has been quick to remind me, this is Run 52.  Not Sightsee 52.  Not Architecture 52.  Not Cincinnati History 52

Not Self-Portrait 52.

So our Downtown run will start and end along the river in Friendship Park.  We will run past the stadiums and The Banks development to the new Smale Riverfront Park

Since it will be a Saturday and traffic should be pretty light, we'll cut up Vine Street and run through Fountain Square before making a brief detour through the Ninth Street Historic District and then back to the riverfront via Lytle Park and Broadway.    

Although I've lived in Cincinnati for nearly six years, this will be the first time I'm running along the river.   I know!   What have I been waiting for? 

View the entire route here:  http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=508783 


-Kayla



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment